The Hartman Group is looking for an experienced research professional with a strong background in survey research, statistics and analytics and a passion for food culture, wellness or sustainability. This is a full-time, on-site position at our office in Bellevue, WA. This individual will lead as well as collaborate on consulting and survey research projects to help uncover growth opportunities for our clients in the food and beverage industry. Experience working with or for CPG or consumer products companies in the area of strategic consulting, research consulting or market research is required. Along with the opportunity to lead our clients in strategic, tactical and action-oriented decisions about their business, this position offers self-motivated and creative thinkers opportunities to showcase their innovative problem solving and data-driven model creation abilities. We seek individuals with strong analytical and writing skills, strong project management and client-facing skills and proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced team-driven work environment.
- Superb writing and persuasive communication skills
- 10+ years of experience in a data and analysis-driven role with a minimum of 5 years’ applied work (i.e., not purely academic research)
- 5+ years’ experience working with or for CPG or consumer products company in the area of strategic consulting, research consulting or market research.
- 5+ years' experience and self-sufficiency with industry-standard statistical analysis packages (e.g., SPSS, Stata or R)
- Bachelors or graduate degree in business, social science, statistics or allied field. Masters or higher preferred
- Advanced fluency in survey sampling, weighting methods and inferential statistics
- Analytical and strategic thinker, with experience synthesizing multiple, complex data streams (e.g. qualitative and quantitative consumer data, sales data, government data, Nielsen, IRI, SPINS, Euromonitor data)
- Strong project and time management skills
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in studying consumer behaviors and attitudes
- Evidence of leadership ability (project, thought and people)
- Self-motivation and flexibility within a dynamic work environment
- Provide leadership and supervision on custom survey research, including project design, questionnaire development, story development and recommendations.
- Design optimal multi-method approaches to reach client objectives
- Help advance The Hartman Group's intellectual capital and portfolio of research models, databases and tools
- Develop and direct complex statistical analysis and modeling for strategic consulting projects.
- Synthesize multiple data streams, including analysis of in-house data, survey data, client data, sales data and market insights to provide targeted business implications and client recommendations
- Report-writing and PowerPoint presentation deck development, including publication-quality charts and tables
- Project leadership and management, including presentation of research findings via conference calls or in-person presentations. Mentor team in skill development, new methodologies, tools and designs.